Thursday, May 1, 2014

Life happens. I guess.



Hello there people of the internet! Over the last few days it has grown incredibly quiet over here. So, what happened? Life. Which means lots of things, that also include doing absolutely nothing. It is easter/spring break at the moment and I have spend most of my time simply recovering from insane school-related stress. Unfortunately, school-related anxiety won't be over completely untill coming Saturday when I have to take the SAT (aka ruiner of dreamers, creator of tears and causer of existential crises). It is seriously making me question the purpose of higher education, though.

When Saturday finally rolls, though, the fun does begin. On Monday I will be leaving to China! I'm going on an exchange trip with my high school and I'm extremely excited. I recieved the first email from the girl with whose family I will be staying and she seems very sweet and excited to meet me. Who knows, perhaps a friend in the making.

Besides practicing coloring dots and getting foreign money, I've also been thinking a lot. Not just about random stuff you really don't want to hear about, but about this blog. Although I had a lot of time to update during this vacation, I didn't. It wasn't because I didn't feel like writing, I've actually been putting tons of stuff down on paper and have some pretty cool writing-related things coming up that I'll tell more about soon. All this non-blog writing made me realize that maybe I started out the wrong way with this blog. I thought I would enjoy making posts about clothing, make-up and cute DIY's because that is what a large percentage of the bloggers does. Well, guess what; I don't enjoy it.

So I'm very glad that there are blogs that write about fashion/lifestyle-related things, because I'm not going to anymore. That might be a bit of an exaggeration. There will still be DIY's and helpful posts and maybe even some fashion/beauty, but a larg part of this blog will be bout the things I 'create'. Writing, art and personal stuff - those are the things I enjoy writing about. I don't want to create posts that aren't of good quality, because I feel like I have to posts or it is something I know people will like. I want to give you guys writing, photography and other creative stuff that you can enjoy as much as I enjoy making it.

Like I mentioned earlier, on Monday I will leave for China. This means I will be gone for about two weeks. I have some posts prepared that will come online while I'm gone, so this blog won't completely grow quiet. Once I come back I want to truly come back.I've got lots of ideas. Perhaps I'll also change the theme a bit. Í want to start making this blog making this blog truly me. 

3 comments:

  1. Omg which part of China will you be going to? You should come to my city, Hong Kong! It's amazing haha :)

    Good luck for your SATs! I'm sure you'll do well.

    x Ella
    http://ellamayho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Jiaxing and Shanghai and had the best time ever :) I definitely went to go another time and see more of the country.
      Thanks! I think it went ok, (as far as standardized test can go well)

      Delete
    2. I went to Jiaxing and Shanghai and had the best time ever :) I definitely went to go another time and see more of the country.
      Thanks! I think it went ok, (as far as standardized test can go well)

      Delete