Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Favorites

It's Friday! Which means that for me not it's not only the end of the schoolweek, but also the beginning of my vacation. The last week has strangely been a stressful, but at the same time relaxing week for me. I had a lot of schoolwork to finish up, but at the same time lots of my classes got cancelled. So, in spite of pressing deadlines I spent quite a few hours hanging out in the park with my friends, checking my Youtube subscriptions and just randomly clicking around on the internet. These are some of the things that caught my eye.

Wear
Source

Overall Shorts. Lately, on blogs and outfit posts on Pinterest and Tumblr I've seen a lot of overall shorts show up. Although I thought they sort of resembled a potato sack at first, but seeing lots of fashionable pairings with these little overalls has gotten me to the point where I feel like I can't go another summer without a pair.

Watch

'What Do Guys Look For In Girls' from the Vlogbrothers. If you're a girl, or a teenager, or a person who has ever felt somewhat uncertain about yourself  I suggest you watch this video.(But especially if you're a girl.) Don't let the title mislead you! This is not some random guy telling you he likes flirtatious blondes and prefers girls that can dance. This video, unlike videos with similar titles, actually contains an important and thougtful message.


Listen

Frozen (Pop Punk Version) by The Last Sleepless City. Since seeing Frozen for the first time two months ago, I've been sort of obsessed. Especially the songs are object of my affection. So when I found this pop punk version of 'Let It Go', I had no other choice but to listen to it on repeat. And now you can as well.

Read
Rookiemag.com

Get lost! By Megan Seling in Rookie. With the end of the schoolyear approaching and  the time untill senior year (and eventually graduation) becoming less, it's really easy to get stressed out about the future. I was having some omg-what-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-life-angst this week, but then I found this very nicely-written article on rookiemag.com (I love that mag!) and felt somwhat calm about the situation for the first time in a long while. If you need something to calm you down or give you a free dose of hope, I suggest you to spend 5 minutes reading this piece.

How was your week? And what song have you been listening to this week? Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment